Windows 7 Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE99

I have just upgraded to windows7 2hours ago. It worked perfectly but then it started randomly freezing for no reason. I could see the screen but everything was frozen.
Computer specs
-Asus M2N32 WS Professional Motherboard
-AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual core processor
-Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS
-2x2GB RAM

It could be a driver problem and i have driver detective but it always freezes before the new drivers download.
HELP!!!

hi there ACE99,
did you manage to find marvell sata x2 controller driver for windows 7 on your asus m2n32 ws pro motherboard,,as i cant get any from asus support or marvell and it looks like asus are only supporting m/bds with win 7 back to the newer series after ours????.

ps: its usually a good idea to set m/bd bios back to default when you install a new o/s? it can avoid conflicts.
also did you remember to manually set your memmory timmings in the bios.
pps: what lane is your graphics card on 1 (nearest backplate) or 2

I did not manage to find the driver but i was told that the windows vista would work. I have driver detective and it seems to install the correct one.
I will try resetting my bios when i install ans see if that makes any difference. My ram has EPP so all the timings are all set automatically on my motherboard.
What do you mean by the lane for my graphics card do you mean which slot? If you do then it is the one nearest to the CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back