TechSpot

Windows 7 froze, can't repair or install Windows now

By Alisitcia
Dec 6, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I left my Computer unattended at home for about five minutes yesterday to come back to it frozen up. I restarted it thinking nothing was wrong and then it would not boot past the Window's 7 Loading screen. I turned my compy off, took out the power cable and waiting a half an hour then tried again with the same result. I went from there, to repairing Windows 7 using the CD. That froze at the green loading bar that it uses for progress (Half an hour wait). I tried removing my HDD and replacing it, only to have Windows 7 CD Crash and Freeze as it tried to load it to install, failing to reach even the installation screen.

I am utterly stumped as to what is wrong with my compy this time around, I don't think it's hardware but I can't explain it now.. I can boot and get Bios just fine.. Just not into Windows 7 or my Win7 CD to fix this. Thank you for any help you lovely people can give..

2. ElShotte

ElShotte TS Enthusiast Posts: 166

Try a different Windows 7 DVD. I think the reason it's freezing is cause your getting an invisible BSOD. Back in the XP days, you'd get BSOD during installation, I don't think they show up with Windows 7, it just freezes. Your best bet would be to try different DVD.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.