TechSpot

Windows 7 Genuine bug?

By Smetzl
Feb 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I have had windows 7 on my laptop since I think 2010 and it worked as normal intil about a week ago where it decide my copy was no longer genuine. I have used the windows genuine detection scan thing but it dosent help. so if any one can help me with this issue I would be very thankfull.

W7 build- 7601

2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,850   +184

Sounds like you may have a virus. Have you ran any virus scan on the computer?. Or ran any spyware scans?

3. Smetzl

Smetzl TS Rookie Topic Starter

I did

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,116   +1,523

OK, can you be a little more descriptive with your answers?
    Which programs did you use for your scans and did you scan in Safe Mode?

If you check under computer properties, does it say Windows is activated? Or do you have a link for re-activation?

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,630   +321

Just because you used it fine for a while doesn't mean your copy is actually genuine. Maybe it is, but you didn't explicitly state that it was.

If your copy should actually be legal, then it seems you could do the phone activation method and get it back genuine without issue.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.