Windows 7 Home Premium - Status: 0xc000000f

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanlaing12

My problem is that i was getting blue screen on my laptop. I tried to fix it by just clearing my hard drive and re installing windows with my recovery disk which i made the day i got it (christmas)

When i try to install using the three disks i get the error: Status: 0xc000000f

Restore Failed - Error code=1392(The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable)

I am almost sertain that this is due to an update on my bios which i havn't a clue about. I di update my softwares and chipsets etc... but i can't remember changing my bios.

Anyway my curren't version of my bios is:
System BIOS Version V2.06

When i try to clear and install a fresh copy it states that it clears the partition labled, "Acer"

After the computer eject my final disk get a progress screen of it updating the hard drive whitch it says is: \harddisk0\partition4

This is my reason for my assumption.

My laptop info to the exact laptop:
Acer Aspire 5935G 663G32Bn

How can i fix this issue? How do i install my windows 7 again with the three disks that i have used in the past to re-install windows?

ps:

VGA BIOS Version: ATI M92 VER011.019.000.012.033605

This "Error code=1392" can be pointing to a physical problem with the harddrive itself. Can you in any way access your desktop?

No because i have deleted all the opperaing systems and im trying to install a new copy...

when the new copy is almost installed i get the error message...

If it helps, when i go to the f1 key on bot up and do a diagnosis scann it says that i have hardware errors and that i need to get admin to fix but it says the error will be isplayd when i reset and log on...

i cant install windows ):

First, do run Memtest on your memory. The good thing about this test is that it engages seconds right after boot-up.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** In addition, I am concerned about the possibility that your harddrive may be damaged. Do you know someone who can slave your harddrive into their system and run diagnostics on it?

First, do run Memtest on your memory. The good thing about this test is that it engages seconds right after boot-up.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** In addition, I am concerned about the possibility that your harddrive may be damaged. Do you know someone who can slave your harddrive into their system and run diagnostics on it?

Im running memtest 4.00

so far i have 59 errors and counting and i just started.

to answer the last question, No. Unless i can somehow connect my hard drive to my pc then i guess i could but im not sure that works....

when i run my laptop and press f12 i have an option for network bootup. Might this be of any use?

When im trying to install the windows, right befour it actualy starts installing i can press alt and f12and i get another windows which gives me details f the process etc... might this be of any use?

When i run my laptop i can press f1 at bootup and get a diagnosis test but that dosnt help because the actual information isn't displayd until i loginto my computer...

my laptop hard drive is 350 gb. When i try to install it says i have only 289.58 gigabyte.... (another reason for why i think my bios is f**ked up)

Id very much like to revert my bios to it's original state if thats possible.... any ideas on that? Just my thaughts but im not good at pc's anyways so....

If you have any errors with Memtest you have memory that must be replaced, It cannot be fixed. I have had corrupted memory prevent me from booting up.

Now run the test per stick and find out if just one stick or all need to be replaced.

One other thing you might do is check the voltage of your memory in the BIOS and compare it to the manufacture's voltage specs.

Part of your harddrive is taken up by your OS thus the descepency.

If you have any errors with Memtest you have memory that must be replaced, It cannot be fixed. I have had corrupted memory prevent me from booting up.

Now run the test per stick and find out if just one stick or all need to be replaced.

One other thing you might do is check the voltage of your memory in the BIOS and compare it to the manufacture's voltage specs.

Part of your harddrive is taken up by your OS thus the descepency.

Just to clear things up:

If i take out a ram stick then i run the test. As soon as i get errors i can stop?
then i do with the other. as soon as i get errors i stop? i dont have to wate for 7 passes? (7 hours ): )

also...
my laptop is under warrenty... i loose it if i try to repair my self...

will they bother if i even touched thescrews? i was oing to try it but had wrong screw driver and now they are a little scrapped. (will tha affect my warrently?)

i did the test with both rams and i get well over 400+ errors then i stopped... ran out of time.

Yes, stop if you begin getting errors before 7 Passes. You know that is a bad stick of RAM. The reason for a minimum of 7 Passes is that often errors don't show up until a number of Passes occur. I had this happen to me just recently. Together my sticks would error at the first or second Pass but individually I had to run to the 7th and 8th Pass before getting errors . I know of one person it wasn't until the 14th, another the 19th, and still another the 26th. This is because the individual tests are different each time but people mistakengly think it is just repeating over and over.

Call your laptop manufacturer and tell them of your errors via Memtest. Running the test should in no way violate your warrenty.

Yes, stop if you begin getting errors before 7 Passes. You know that is a bad stick of RAM. The reason for a minimum of 7 Passes is that often errors don't show up until a number of Passes occur. I had this happen to me just recently. Together my sticks would error at the first or second Pass but individually I had to run to the 7th and 8th Pass before getting errors . I know of one person it wasn't until the 14th, another the 19th, and still another the 26th. This is because the individual tests are different each time but people mistakengly think it is just repeating over and over.

Call your laptop manufacturer and tell them of your errors via Memtest. Running the test should in no way violate your warrenty.

Ok thanks a lot man. iv been helped a lot here and although i coudn't get my problem solved im still learning.

Thanks a bunch!

Ok thanks a lot man. iv been helped a lot here and although i coudn't get my problem solved im still learning.

Thanks a bunch!

You're welcome. I believe your issue will be resolved when you have new memory installed. Keep us posted.

Ok just to update on everything.

I took out my 1 gig ram and left my 2 gig ram stick which was packed with errors from the beggining.

I take out my two gig and leave my 1 gig and i dont see any errors yet but its only 10 minuts into it.

If i replace my two gig ram then there is nothing more i need to do? it should work again like befour?

Can anyone provide information on my ram stick? i dont know what it is called or anything.

When i open my laptop it's the memory that is closer to the upper side of the laptop (the lower one when your looking at it from bottom of laptop) Its the slightly bigger one thats blue.

It has some numbers on it with stickers but im not sure if its the correct names or whatever....

If i take my memory up to a store and show them, will they be able to tell me what it is exactly?

If there is more info on the ram online can you show me please. And if you have a price chek or somethign that i can use then can you please give me an average....

I bought ram befour for my actual pc which was only £10 because of the type of mother board but... im just not sure what is compatible with my laptop. I would like just a straight replacement.

Sure, we can help you on this. First thing we need from you is the make and exact model of your system and we'll take it from there.

I went to pc world and they dont have an exact copy of the ram stick and when i asked them they sadi that kingstone selling for £65 and they are a competador supplyer. Also a further £25 for the P&P

Is there any other 2 gig ram sticks that are compatible but cheaper?

The tech guy at pc world said that i need an exact replacement because of the speed etc...

what if i replace it with a 1gig ram stick until they are cheaper? that will work right? I mean i got the laptop working but i onlygot 1gig ram which is just enough to load windows 7... i need more for my music work, eg: Fruty loops {FL studio] and other applications for programmign and 3ds max

Do you think that an additional 1 gig ram will do rather than buying a two gig stick?

Completely understand the music aspect of your system because my son does the same thing with his computer. RAM is certainly going to be important.

The memory you need is as follows:

Technical Specs

Memory Type: SODIMM (this is the type for laptops)

Capacity 2GB (there are smaller capacities; if I read your laptop specs correctly your system can take up to 4 gigs in a 2x2 configuration)

Pins 204 Pin

Bus Type PC-8500 -- this is important

Cycle Time 1.875ns

Cas CL7 -- this is important

Data Transfer Rate 1066Mhz -- this is important

Memory Clock 133Mhz

Voltage 1.5 -- this is important

*** Contact Acer support and just ask them how many gigs your system can take and what memory they would recommend. They'll try to sell you memory but don't let them and find it for cheaper which you should be able to do.

Completely understand the music aspect of your system because my son does the same thing with his computer. RAM is certainly going to be important.

The memory you need is as follows:

Technical Specs

Memory Type: SODIMM (this is the type for laptops)

Capacity 2GB (there are smaller capacities; if I read your laptop specs correctly your system can take up to 4 gigs in a 2x2 configuration)

Pins 204 Pin

Bus Type PC-8500 -- this is important

Cycle Time 1.875ns

Cas CL7 -- this is important

Data Transfer Rate 1066Mhz -- this is important

Memory Clock 133Mhz

Voltage 1.5 -- this is important

*** Contact Acer support and just ask them how many gigs your system can take and what memory they would recommend. They'll try to sell you memory but don't let them and find it for cheaper which you should be able to do.

Wow.
Thanks a lot!!!!

I was trying to find this info for ages and although i dont know what most of it means, the tech guy at pc world was goin on about it.

Anyways. Thanks a lot!

Il try ask Acer.

You're welcome. Just double check the information I gave you against what Acer support tells you just in case I may have gotten something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back