Windows 7 Install with backup and restore features

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffykitten

I will be installing Windows 7 professional upgrade over vista, includes backup and restore software.

I am doing this install for someone, he is asking a lot about backing up weekly. Does Windows 7 do this or will I be using some third party software for his backups?

How about the install/upgrade over vista, is this pretty straight forward where he wants to keep his files.

Windows 7 Pro does have its own backup utility.
You can set a schedule and what to backup.
As for installing over Vista, you should backup the HDD first.

Windows 7 Pro does have its own backup utility.
You can set a schedule and what to backup.
As for installing over Vista, you should backup the HDD first.

I will look into the backup utility Windows 7 pro provides. As for backing up the HDD, what method should I go. Like if a tech guy came to my house, how and what would he do for the backup. This is also just a precaution right, the upgrade to Windows 7 should not have data lost.

Yes the backup should only be a precaution, th upgrade shouldn't delete anything from the HDD since it is not formatting it.
Vista, just like Windows 7, should have a backup utility (depending which version) I would just backup using that utility, or, just simply copy any files you know you need to an external HDD.
Personally, when the backup utility isn't available, I just copy the whole HDD without the Windows directory because it's always easy to delete what you don't want later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back