Windows 7 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain828

Didn't quite knew how to name this thread since it sounds a bit too general, but... anyways.

First thing's first, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RC1, build 7100.
Since I read the W7 sticky, the iso was taken from a private tracker and it's basically the same as the one handed out to the official testers. No modification or what-not were made.

Secondly, the issues:
  1. I couldn't get SRS Audio Sandox x64 to initialise properly
  2. I can't pin some programs to the "superbar"
  3. I have this very annoying keyboard issue, where trying to type a single <'> won't work; I have to tap the key twice and then I get <''> instead of <'>
    (obviously. w/o the <> ;) )

About 1):
- I guess it's how W7 handles the audio part differently, so I should wait for a newer SRS Audio Sandbox version
2):
- I can pin Steam, Firefox, Yahoo! messenger, but I can't pin Inno Setup Compiler.
- this is probably an isolated issue
3):
- definitely not the keyboard (Logitech G15) since it works flawlessly on XP and Vista

I hope someone has some answers/suggestions...

Update: never mind 3; fixed it. Keyboard was set to US - International... set it to just US and got rid of the issue.

Thx in advance!

Captain828- seems like you got things squared-away, right?

Besides the few glitches, how are you liking the RC?

Cheers,

Captain828- seems like you got things squared-away, right?

Besides the few glitches, how are you liking the RC?
Hi,

Yeah, it's great... boot a LOT faster than Vista (including lots of software and drivers), XP Mode is a pretty nice feature too (note: you have to dl it separately!), the new taskbar, though weird at first, is terrific for heavy-duty multitasking, app compatibility is very good, security seems bumped-up as well (network sharing wise), the libraries concept is also terrific and makes it a lot easier to manage stuff... overall, best Windows to date!

Mictlantecuhtli said:
Did you try compatibility options? Does the application install its own drivers?
Comp mode didn't help me either and SRS said that they don't support W7 yet, so I guess I'll have to wai.t

You don't seem to have used it before... it basically adds a sound device that acts as an overlay for your main device, adding SRS effects (like WOW HD and TruSurrond) to all the sounds you hear on your PC: Windows, games, music, videos... everything!

I recommend you give it a try (it's shareware) as it will most definitely make your PC sound a lot better, even if you have a high-end audio system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back