TechSpot

Windows 7 Missing Drivers

By piklemeup
Jul 16, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just upgraded to Windows 7 x64 RC (Build 7100), and I'm missing some drivers. I've looked all over the place, and I don't know where I'd find them. My device manager says I'm missing drivers for:
    "SM Bus Controller"
    and two other
    "unknown device"

My motherboard is an Asus P5ND2-SLI, and as I bought it second hand, I don't have the driver CD with it. I went to the drivers on the asus site, but I don't know which I'm meant to install, and many of them didn't work that I tried.

I tried to use a program I had luck with previously called "unknown device identifier", but it gave me an error and wouldn't give me a list of all my computer parts.
  2. piklemeup

piklemeup TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 66

So, I used everest to check out my computer, and it doesn't know my motherboard model or my bios, so I think it's missing all the drivers, I'll try to update whatever I can.

*edit*
    Tried to update the bios, but it said that I needed to check which version I'm using (64/32 bit), and closed. It didn't have an option for 64 bit.
  3. piklemeup

piklemeup TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 66

So, I got one, the nForce4 drivers. One is a gameport thing, which I don`t think I`ll worry about seeing as I don`t have a game pad.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.