Windows 7 or hardware problem?

josbd

Hi guys.

Bit of a strange one here, so forgive me if I have posted in the wrong part of the forum.

I have been given an Acer Aspire AX3400. It was given because it has "weird issues"

The AX3400 (quad core version) acts as tho one or two keys have become stuck, and repeatedly fills in search (such as: asasasasasass) deletes all of my mail in Thunderbird if I am reading something; switches between windows... yet I am not touching the keyboard.

So I tried another usb keyboard, used different usb ports, all to no avail. Went to use an old keyboard via the PS2 port: which worked initially, and then the lights went out on the keyboard. Tried another ps2 keyboard: Nothing. So obviously this is not a keyboard issue. I deleted all the usb drivers and rebooted, and once it had reinstalled those drivers, it worked for a day or two. Then ... the problem was back.

I am wondering whether anyone can throw any light on this? I have become convinced it is a mobo issue, but perhaps you chaps have another (cheaper!) option.

Many thanks for your time :)
Jo

Believe me, I know how stupid that sounds!

Basically, what happens is I will be looking at an email, notice activity going on on the screen, and one by one my inbox mails are being deleted. This is accompanied by the windows "ding" going like the clappers in the background.

It seems to mark the mail, and then prob by chance hit the delete key.

This is the weirdest thing I have ever come across, pcwise.

And yes, I ran an online scan at Emsisoft. Previously to that I ran a deep scan with Malwarebytes

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Back