Windows 7 or wait for 8?

Route44

I am still chugging along with my trusty but aging socket 939 system waiting on actual AMD Bulldozer benches and specs before building a new system.

Anyway, right now Newegg has Windows 7 64 Home Edition for $80. But if I am reading correctly MS will be releasing 8 in 2012. Of coarse 8 could be to 7 what Vista was to XP.

Thoughts?

If you do wait for 8, what will you be using in the mean time? Nothing? :D

$80 sound good though.

I don't think its worth the wait. You should be running 7 now. Rumors about 8 that I've seen (and I don't really follow whats happening on that front) seem like its taking away some of the flexibility and freedom that 7 and prior have had.

I think you should wait for Windows 8. It will have much more features and I have read that Windows has put quite an effort on touch interface and there is also new hardware support. Yes, you can upgrade to Windows 8 later if you please to, but you can't change your hardware. Windows 8 is definately worth the wait.

Windows 8 is basically a complete new version of Windows operating system with lots of new features and apps. It is entirely different from the earlier versions in terms of interface.

Back