TechSpot

Windows 7 or wait for 8?

By Route44
Jul 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I am still chugging along with my trusty but aging socket 939 system waiting on actual AMD Bulldozer benches and specs before building a new system.

Anyway, right now Newegg has Windows 7 64 Home Edition for $80. But if I am reading correctly MS will be releasing 8 in 2012. Of coarse 8 could be to 7 what Vista was to XP.

Thoughts?

2. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,578   +47

If you do wait for 8, what will you be using in the mean time? Nothing? :D

$80 sound good though.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,690   +337

I don't think its worth the wait. You should be running 7 now. Rumors about 8 that I've seen (and I don't really follow whats happening on that front) seem like its taking away some of the flexibility and freedom that 7 and prior have had.

4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 12,172   +37

Thanks guys. Think I'll pull the trigger.

5. HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT TS Enthusiast Posts: 204   +11

Where can I get info on windows 8

6. CAMusing

CAMusing TS Enthusiast Posts: 328

7. Neil010

Neil010 TS Rookie Posts: 57

I think you should wait for Windows 8. It will have much more features and I have read that Windows has put quite an effort on touch interface and there is also new hardware support. Yes, you can upgrade to Windows 8 later if you please to, but you can't change your hardware. Windows 8 is definately worth the wait.

8. kristain

kristain TS Rookie Posts: 52

Windows 8 is basically a complete new version of Windows operating system with lots of new features and apps. It is entirely different from the earlier versions in terms of interface.

9. superty12

superty12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 432

10. SKYSTAR

SKYSTAR TS Enthusiast Posts: 250

you can dowmlaod win 8 now

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.