Windows 7 random freezing

Hello everyone. =) Alright, so here's the problem. I had just recently re-formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 7. After re-formatting, my screen now randomly freezes. I can still move my mouse around, but I cant click on a single thing. The intervals that it happens in is totally random and sometimes it will freeze anywhere from a few secs to a few minutes and other times I have to restart. The computer is only a little over a year old and it is my first time every experiencing such an issue on this computer. Hope someone can help me out here. Thanks. *Please note that I have attached a DxDiag log below.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    35.1 KB · Views: 1
I'm OFF in a minute or two but wanted to Welcom you to the Forums and ask:

You said you had no issues before the re-format so you didn't re-format due to a problem right?

Please post your system spec in detail minus the info in the DXDIAG so we can better help you.

good luck

I had actually re-formatted due to a rootkit that I was unable to get rid off.

Code:
Current OS: Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor: AMD Athlon 7750 DualCore
Memory: 40968MB
VGA: ATI Radeon HD 4600
Sound: Realtek HD Audio Device

Please have a look at your event viewer logs, and see whether something is being recorded at the time of freezing.

I had actually re-formatted due to a rootkit that I was unable to get rid off.

Code:
Current OS: Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor: AMD Athlon 7750 DualCore
Memory: 40968MB
VGA: ATI Radeon HD 4600
Sound: Realtek HD Audio Device
Did you delete the partition/s?
With every re-install to fix infection symptoms, I highly recommend to delete partition /s and create new ones, this way you get a fresh healthy MBR.

DXDIAG gives a lot of info but not make and model of some components such as RAM, if we need specific info, we would ask.

@Sharam: Yes, I deleted the partition before re-installing windows.

@Archean: How would I go about doing that?

Please go to Control Panel, then to Administrative Tools, and double click on Event Viewer, it will open all the available logs, i.e. applications log, system log etc. have a close look at them and try to locate entries which corresponds to time when your system freezes up.

Back