TechSpot

Windows 7 RTM to have 90-day free trial

By Justin
Sep 2, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There has been no shortage of effort on Microsoft's part to give people sneak peeks at Windows 7. The beta and RC releases have been available in many forms for quite some time, giving people a chance to see what the upcoming successor to XP and Vista has to offer. Before it goes gold and is available on store shelves next month, Redmond is giving people one last shot at a free ride, in an attempt to encourage them to buy the software when it launches.

Read the whole story

2. Brewskie

Brewskie TS Rookie Posts: 17

I wonder if you'd be able to install the retail version over the top of this or whether the DC-key will unlock it.
    I had ordered Windows 7 special 1/2 price a month ago or so. It would be nice to get this and have it that much sooner.

3. Brewskie

Brewskie TS Rookie Posts: 17

I meant "CD-key"...oh well :/

4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 902   +52

I'm curious to see what the difference is between this and RC.

5. jrcrosno

jrcrosno TS Rookie

I tried to down load . wouldn't let me it pros only, maybe I should have logged in Technet. fciorst

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.