Windows 7 Service Pack 1 beta build leaked‎

By Jos
Apr 7, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microsoft still hasn't announced a release date for the first Windows 7 Service Pack, but apparently it can't be too far off judging by a recently leaked version of the code. Technology blog GeekSmack was able to get hold of a copy of a Windows 7 SP1 beta build and posted some pictures to prove it. Marked 6.1.7601.16537.amd64fre.win7.100327-0053, it appears the file was compiled very recently, on March 27, using an AMD 64-bit system.

Read the whole story
  2. theoscentral

theoscentral Newcomer, in training Posts: 17

3. RebelFlag

RebelFlag Newcomer, in training Posts: 37

other than the version number by the clock, is there anything else to note?
  4. theoscentral

theoscentral Newcomer, in training Posts: 17

Quick to install. No seriously, I haven't seen anything. Bull I'll keep your informed.
  5. Xecutor

Xecutor Newcomer, in training Posts: 141

What about the Windows Activation Technology hotfix that was "optional" a couple of months back? Is it auto-installed in the SP1, or is it not included still?
  6. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,487   +73

Hope this patch fixes a couple of annoyances?
  7. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

Eh... I'll avoid it until its final. Wasn't the Vista SP leaked and whoever used it couldn't install the actual release? Plus, I don't want a watermark, I just BARELY got that off my desktop a month ago.
  8. Hopefully it fixes some issues I'm experiencing.Like the wmp sharing thing wich tatally hogs up my 4gb of ram and e8400 at 4.0,uses it all like i'm doing a benchmark test or prime 95.....ridiculous!
  9. @theoscentral You should be able to change the value of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\PaintDesktopVersion to 0, log off or restart and it'll be gone.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.