Windows 7 STOP: 0x00000050

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I installed DVD fab. It was crashing m entire computer consistently in the middle of ripping dvds. This was obviously frustrating and I began to take steps to try and get it to function properly, everything from installing the beta to uninstalling mcafee. I was getting a BSOD, but the system would automatically reboot so I couldn't read what the error was. After multiple attempts, I started to wonder if my hardware was causing some kind of issue, so I unplugged a storage hdd. This was also a failure. Now my computer will not boot.

On startup I would get an BSOD with an error regarding wimFsf.ss "Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area". I couldnt start in safe mode, and then even that option was taken from me and all that was provided was "start normally" and "try to repair startup" or something along those lines. and neither of those options worked at all, I would still get the same bsod. After some more hardware fiddling I'm now getting a bootmngr not present error, and no matter what combination of hdd's I have plugged in, It wont load bootmngr. currently I'm trying to do some startup repairs via my windows 7 dvd, but it's not looking too good. I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64x any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks a lot

My Windows dvd just repaired the bootmanger file, and now I can get to the wimDsd.sys error on startup again.

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFF8800538FDE0.0x0000000000000000,0xFFFFF88001BC973F,0x0000000000000000)

*** wimFsf.sys - Address FFFFF88001BC973F base at FFFFF88001BC7000, DateStamp 4a5bc362

I have done quite a bit of research. I was hoping the specifics of my situation might provide you experts with some insight on what happened in my case, as so far all of m efforts are in vain. a 0x00000050 error indicates a potential ram loading error, or a shorted cpu or motherboard. but my cpu and motherboard are deffinately functioning, imconcerned that an hdd is corrupted? and what I really was hoping for was that maybe someone has a fix to my problems that I couldn't figure out or research myself. thanks again

We understand your frustration but in order to help you we need a whole lot more information to go on such as system hardware including make and model of motherboard and RAM and the amount of RAM installed, make of your harddrive, etc. plus security software.

You could slave your harddrive into another system and run harddrive diagnostics and security scans from said system. Many people do this

Two "ifs":

If you can get this to boot up Memtest can engage seconds after to test your RAM.

If you can get to them minidump files can be a critical component in diagnosing the problem.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Okay I have a small update. I just installed windows on another hdd that was used on my computer as storage, and I have full access to my original primary drive as a slave. The only minidump files that are in that hdd are from march, long before the problem started, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to upload those files to see if they tell you experts anything that could help.

Could the face that I installed an OS on the same computer mean that my RAM was never the issue? Just hoping to propose possible solutions that you all could validate with some kind of fact. Thanks

Attachments

• 0x00000050.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 8
Both errors are 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timout failed.

The driver cited as the cause of these errors is the ATI video driver atikmdag.sys.

Have you been able to run harddrive diagnostics on your harddrive?

I'm not sure what you mean by hardware diagnostics. sorry. Is it a program that must be ran in windows? currently I have a running OS identical to the one that failed on me, in the same machine. So could I run the hardware diagnostic in the fresh OS and get the same results that would help me find the issue? also maybe it would help to know that I have a ATI radeon 4870 1gb Sapphire Toxic edition graphics card

Find the make of your harddrive. Go to the manufacture's website and download their free harddrive diagnostics utility. Yes, this can be run in Windows. Run the S.M.A.R.T., Short, and Long tests.

This will tell you if your harddrive is defective and in some cases if it is has the ability to fix bad sectors.

Not necessarily the RAM

Got exactly the same problem; Stop 50 on wimfsf.sys during every boot. I got this after exchanging TV-tuner cards.

Yes, i found that everyone points to potentially bad RAM. And yes, i've tested it. Using both the Win7 diagnostic memory test and memtest86+. Neither found any errors. Win7 diagnostic disk scanning checked out OK. SMART reports OK on the disk.
I've also installed the Win7 64-bit-distro on a fresh disk. And i've also found this fresh install to run just fine.

A further indication of well-functioning RAM and other hardware is the fact that my primary OS Debian-AMD64 (Win7-64 is secondary, primarily used for games) runs just fine no matter how much i hammer it. Everything works.

So, if bad RAM/disk/hardware is not the root cause, then what?

Or should I just send my 2-months-old install to /dev/null and reinstall?

The usual fix when it comes to Microsoft stuff...

Or should I just send my 2-months-old install to /dev/null and reinstall?

Lost patience with the silly thing. Reinstalled Win7/64, Same hardware, same disk, same place/partitions on the disk, same everything except for the Microsoft-supplied bits (pun intended). I've also managed to kill off the MS-bootrecord, replacing it with a proper Debian one. Just like before.

And here we are, Win7 quietly idling along...

Hmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back