Windows 7 sudden reboot, dmp file attatched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya, there!
I have just bought a new Dell Studio 1555 with Windows 7 but something went wrong...at least two or three times a day the system suddenly restarts no matter what am I doing. Here's the message that I am receiving:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000005
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 92ACA56D
OS Version: 6_1_7100
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

I've noticed that some of you are having similar problems, but can you give me a clue where/how to search the solution for my problem?
Thanks in advance ;)

Attachments

• 052110-13806-01.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 1
Your error is 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers. In your case the driver cited as the cause of your issue is the Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet driver k57nd60x.sys.

Go to Dell's website, find your exact model and update your drivers from there.

Thans for your quick reply. :)
Following your advice, I updated the Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet driver from 11.0.0.1 to 14.0.0.7.
I hope this will fix things out. ;)

Unfortunately, it continues to do the same thing...two times today...
I wonder whether the problem is something connected with hardware or with software...should I install a stable XP SP2 in order to make sure? Any other suggestions?

Before reverting back to XP SP2 contact Dell and tell them of your issue, the error code and the driver cited as the cause, and how you updated the latest drivers from their website but the problems persist.

There is the possibility that the issue is with the wireless card itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back