Windows 7 Updating Offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Of Mana

Hi, I just need some info and some help, maybe. :)
I downloaded Windows 7 B: 7000 and I wanted to update to B: 7048 This is doable thru Windows Update.
The problem is: I do not have internet on the computer that I wish to update. My question to you is:
Will these KB updates do the trick if I use them one by one, on the computer? (moving them w/ flash drive) and using them, or is Updates and KB updates totally different? Thanks.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm under the impression that the only official way to get 7048 is through Microsoft Connect, and you have to have registered properly for Build 7000... Not Windows Update. But I could be wrong.

However, those updates will not bring you to 7048.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm under the impression that the only official way to get 7048 is through Microsoft Connect, Not Windows Update, and you have to have registered properly for Build 7000.... But I could be wrong.

However, those updates will not bring you to 7048.

Edit: DOH! I meant to hit Edit, not Quote

All I know is that both of my Windows 7 installs are still 7000. One was downloaded from Microsoft Connect, one was the leaked version downloaded via torrent.

But then, They're on automatic updates, which may not upgrade them to the latest build. Hmm.... dunno. I'll have to check when I get home.

EDIT: By the way, when I said "Those updates won't bring you to 7048, I meant the KB ones.

I don't think so... And a newer one is leaked out 7064? something like that. BUT if you can get ahold of the newer ones, you can burn the ISO and use it to upgrade. But I don't believe you can upgrade your build number straight from WindowsUpdate.

No, I'm pretty sure you can use the latest build to 'upgrade' the old one, so it shouldn't require reinstallation of programs. But I have not tried this myself.

Ohh you try it, My vacation just started and I don't want to ruin it by having to reinstall all my softw. :p

lol. I'm happy with 7057 :) But I've read from where I got 7057 that it will upgrade 7000.

Can you only get the current build through Technet?
I had a version im not sure which build but it doesnt let me validate it even with the Microsoft key so must be an older one, so im looking to test a newer build but cant seem to find it legally.

Yeh, I think that is the only legal way to obtain it. I wonder how much they care if you obtain it by other means though, at this point there is no potential loss of sale incurred by them regardless of how it is obtained.

Well that's true, i mean another beta tester gives them more ideas and finds more bugs. But then again can you download it through TechNet?. I suppose this looses them a registration but who registers just for a Windows 7 BETA release :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back