Windows 7 - windows update not working, also regular blue screens

By gubar
Dec 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

my system is the following:

i5-3MSI Z77A-G45 Motherboard
    570K (not overclocked) @ 3.4GHz
    8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black Low Profile, PC3-12800 (1600)
    128GB SanDisk Pulse, 2.5" SSD (main drive)
    1TB Samsung HD103SJ (2nd drive)
    Nvidia Gforce GTX 275

Running Windows 7 professional. I built this in February this year, it worked flawlessly until around 2 months ago. Since then it's regular blue screens, and flash player crashes a lot when I'm on the net. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing my GPU drivers (thought perhaps they were the cause due to the flash player crashes). I hadn't installed any new software around the time the crashes began.

The other thing is that windows update no longer updates (though MSE does). When I try manually I get the following error:

WindowsUpdate_80070002

Also if I view my update history the only ones listed are those for MSE, though there were plenty listed before this issue began.

I have tried the official Microsoft steps to resolve this error as listed at the link below, but they don't work at all, the problems remains exactly the same:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/windows-update-error-80070002

Any help that can be offered would be appreciated,

thanks,

gubar
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,732   +156

You may have a virus or other type of malware infection
  3. gubar

gubar TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 130

"You may have a virus or other type of malware infection"

I've performed full scans with MSE and malwarebytes and both came up clean.
  4. Tmagic650

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click, sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here
  5. gubar

Thanks, adding now (this is actually only a few minutes old, crashed while I was running spyware check with malwarebytes),

thanks

gubar

Attached Files:

6. Tmagic650

Your boot drive is an SSD... The minidump is pointing to a boot drive issue, but with SSD's it is tricky to troubleshoot. You may want to wait for another BSOD and post it
  7. gubar

Ok thanks for the input. Next time I get a blue screen (I don't think it will be long) I'll come back with another .dmp.

thanks,

gubar
  8. Tmagic650

Okay, good:)
  9. gubar

Hi,

sorry for the long delay! Have been on a long holiday.

Here is a new zip, with 3 dumps in it.

Thanks again,

gubar

Attached Files:

10. Tmagic650

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.