Windows 7 won't restart and programs missing from menu

jools182

I have been having problems with windows 7 for a while

Usual things of programs not showing in the pop up menu etc

Also, when I clicked the windows icon and tried to restart from there it never worked properly

It got to this screen

559820_10151336913902064_1483782556_n.jpg

and locks up

Anyway, I eventually got around to reinstalling yesterday with the original oem disc I got with the machine, and I am still having the same problem

Windows eventually reinstalled, but during the installation process, when the machine restarts itself, it was still locking up at the same point, so I was switching off with the power button and restarting

And still now, after the reinstall, it locks at exactly the same point if I choose the restart option

any ideas?

I am not so hot with pc's so you might have to bear with me if explaining something technical

thanks

One possibility is that there is a hardware fault - probably on the motherboard, but possibly the video, even the HDD. Only a repair shop or RTM will help you there.

Other possibilities abound. For instance, you are now on an OEM installed version. Is that from before SP1 ? Has the PC been modified in any way since it was new (change of HDD or video for instance).

Did the PC ever work flawlessly??

The pc did work fine when I first had it. I first noticed the start menu missing programs, but I have heard others having the same problems with windows 7

nothing modified on the pc

Missing programs from the start menu is a sign of a severe virus or other type of malware infection. But because an OS re-install shows a problem, it has to be a hardware fault. Something like hard drive or memory... even motherboard

Back