Windows 7 x64 Blue Screen IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BCCode a

Elderzz

So before I got blue screen aswell, when I installed a driver Broadcom Picture card xD host. I removed it, and the blue screens were gone for some time, than today I got this blue screen :

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1050

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF80003896822
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

• 011816-18111-01.zip
    25.9 KB · Views: 4
I got another blue screen today while booting my laptop. Yesterday I unnistalled Broadcom xD Picture Bus Driver, and Broadcom xD Picture Host Controller. I am definitely sure its that driver, but whenever I remove it and restart, I blue screen. And I have to click Last Good Known Configuration

EDIT:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1050

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFF80000003
BCP2: FFFFF880073A1035
BCP3: FFFFF880037A0EC8
BCP4: FFFFF880037A0720
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

I also included a file that was in the Files that might be useful section in the Windows has recovered Window. Also, I am only getting BSOD-s on Windows 7, Windows 8 works perfectly fine, but its a ram hogger

Attachments

• 011916-27440-01.zip
    23.3 KB · Views: 2
"Also, I am only getting BSOD-s on Windows 7, Windows 8 works perfectly fine, but its a ram hogger."
Windows 10 came out last year and it's still free to upgrade.

Any chance of using a 32 bit OS or are you stuck with 64 bit software? Ram goes a lot further with 32 bit Windows. You could add more ram if you are going to stick with 64 bit.

I've drifted away from your original question so best to ignore me. I was trying to see ways you could use W10 and keep the same performance level. I'm still pretty impressed with the latest OS.

Oh this is Windows 7 these settings are for Windows 10 sorry
Sooooo, it seems to be fixed, I just disabled the drivers in the Device Manager.
Didnt Blue Screen yet, boots up nicely and that kind of stuff.
Ill keep you updated if I get another BSOD

Sooooo, it seems to be fixed, I just disabled the drivers in the Device Manager.
Didnt Blue Screen yet, boots up nicely and that kind of stuff.
Ill keep you updated if I get another BSOD

I just BlueScreened again, same thing as the first time... pls Help me solve this!

Your computer really doesn't like that Broadcom xD Picture driver. It is still in the minidump files

There are a lot of posts about problems with drivers for this Picture card. The thing to do seems to me to identify precisely the Broadcom card and download the drivers direct from the Broadcom site. It's a pain that the laptop won't boot up without the drivers installed. Maybe you could work in Safemode? I found what looks to be the the page for Broadcom but the posts have not given an exact description of which card is installed. You could get that from Device Manager.

https://www.broadcom.com/products/ethernet-communication-and-switching/ethernet-controllers/bcm57785

There are a lot of posts about problems with drivers for this Picture card. The thing to do seems to me to identify precisely the Broadcom card and download the drivers direct from the Broadcom site. It's a pain that the laptop won't boot up without the drivers installed. Maybe you could work in Safemode? I found what looks to be the the page for Broadcom but the posts have not given an exact description of which card is installed. You could get that from Device Manager.

https://www.broadcom.com/products/ethernet-communication-and-switching/ethernet-controllers/bcm57785
I tried going into properties of the driver in the device manager and I dont see the description of which card is installed....

Piriform have a free program called Speccy that might do it. They produce CCleaner which is legendary. Failing that you could maybe find the details in the spec for the computer. As a last resort just try the downloads on the Broadcom site until you find one that works. If none do maybe the device has a problem.

Piriform have a free program called Speccy that might do it. They produce CCleaner which is legendary. Failing that you could maybe find the details in the spec for the computer. As a last resort just try the downloads on the Broadcom site until you find one that works. If none do maybe the device has a problem.

Only Broadcom driver/hardware I see in the is Broadcom Ethernet driver for network. I also Disabled Broadcom SD Memory host in device manager, but can you explain me what Broadcom Memory stick does?

I have no idea what it is. However right at the beginning you said "So before I got blue screen aswell, when I installed a driver Broadcom Picture card xD host." Why did you install this driver in the first place if your computer was presumably running OK? I ask because there are now so many programs being pushed out to keep drivers updated. I very much doubt if any of these pieces of software are a good idea. A few years ago it was Tune up utility programs that were being touted as the best thing since sliced bread most of which are also pretty useless.

Last edited:
I have no idea what it is. However right at the beginning you said "So before I got blue screen aswell, when I installed a driver Broadcom Picture card xD host." Why did you install this driver in the first place if your computer was presumably running OK? I ask because there are now so many programs being pushed out to keep drivers updated. I very much doubt if any of these pieces of software are a good idea. A few years ago it was Tune up utility programs that were being touted as the best thing since sliced bread most of which are also pretty useless.

I was looking through the Device Manager, and that driver had a Error on it, so I decided to update it.

Could you roll back to the previous driver and if the problem goes away just not look in Device Manager? :)

Back