TechSpot

Windows 7 x64 BSOD - Gaming and browsing the Internet

By LolomgBBtheQ
Jan 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Lately I've had even more of a decline while playing World of Warcraft. First it was some fps issues which I never had a response to from Blizzard. Now there's in game stuttering and freezing which results in a blue screen. This mainly happens while playing World of Warcraft but has happened when browsing the Internet. I'm hoping it's not a computer part related issue as I've recently built this computer.

As far as I'm aware all of my drivers are up to date and I cannot figure out the problem even after reinstalling the Nvidia driver. I thought about just formatting my computer and seeing if that would fix the issue. Of course, that would be a last resort as I don't want to do that.

Here's some information as to my setup:

Operating System:
    Windows 2.6.1.7600

CPU Type:
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor

CPU Speed (GHz):

System Memory (GB):

Video Card Model:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Video Card Driver:
    nvd3dum.dll

Desktop Resolution:
    1600x1200

Hard Disk Size (GB):

Hard Disk Free Space (GB):

I've included the 4 minidump files in a zip that I've found in my minidump folder. Thank you for any helpful information about my problem in advance.

Update: I ran memtest86 on my two 2gig sticks of ram and one had a few errors on it while the other did not. I currently only have the stick without errors in my computer and have yet to test it when playing World of Warcraft.

I guess it probably was a faulty stick from Newegg. I'm not certain though.

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,167   +37

How is your system today with only one stick? Have you tried WoW with only this stick installed?

Very nice processor by the way.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.