Windows 7

cherisha

Hi,

I have a ASUS laptop installed with Windows 7. I can operate the windows but I randomly get a window prompt saying windows unable to work, and then it will refresh the windows 7 OS. This happens quite often when i refresh the laptop(F5). What can be done to rectify this matter?

Try wiping your HDD "fdisk" and reinstall windows.

Or you can re-install windows and on the HDD screen where it tells you what HDD it wants you to install windows on click one and select "format" then install windows. It could fix the problem.

Or try installing a PC cleanup like AVG tuneup and it will look for issues and fix them

With refresh do you mean that system reboots the OS again (without any Blue Screen of Death)?

I randomly get a window prompt saying windows unable to work,

Can you please go to: Control Panel > System and Security > Admin Tools > Event Viewer. Have a look in the System logs (you can find log listing the left most panel), and tell us if there are any yellow/red tagged events? If so can you copy paste the information here?

Hi Archean,

Refresh means it showed a windows saying " Windows has stopped working, and checking for solution, Then it will refresh but back to the same page or whatever i'm working at. It doesn't restart the OS. Actually, just found out the problem, I'm not using the genuine Windows 7.. Thanks for reply ..

Back