Windows 7

codewahn

rite, so im building a new computer and i need to buy windows 7 64bit, but i am a bit confused because apparently i can only use windows 7 serial key on one computer. i build computers instead of buying them, so the question is will i be able to use the same windows 7 serial key if i build a new computer/upgrade e.g HDD, CPU

ive installed windows xp on a number of hard drives and computers at any one time using the same key, will this be the same as win7

You have been violating the license agreement then. Good fortune, I suppose, is what allowed you to get away with it.

When you buy Win 7, you buy 1 copy (unless you buy a volume license, as businesses do), so no, you can't install it on more than 1. You can buy the Windows 7 Family pack, that allows you to install it on 3.

this is just silly, cant see how its a violation or whatever when i want to install my brought retail copy of windows on a formatted HDD or a new or upgraded system lol
so basically ms make some silly rule to try make you spend more money, its not like windows is cheap to start with >< its border line extortion.. so basically ill be able to do a fresh reinstall upgrade or w/e i want to my comp with the same key it just wont in micro soft's eyes be legal, even tho i paid for it lol

Back