Windows 7x64 BSOD A, 3B, 7E, D1, 50

beast1944

Good day lads,

My configuration is as follows:

• Windows 7 Ultimate x64
  • AMD Phenom II X4 945 (underclocked to 2900 MHz)
  • Kensington 4096 MB DDR3 Ram
  • Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 (1024 MB)
  • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 (rev 2.0)

I am having a problem with my computer which started somewhat 2 months ago.
The computer was working fine for about half a year up until one day I turned on only to find out that all of my network devices stopped working. The Wifi, the Lan, everything, even though the drivers were working, were the latest version and so on (I figured that it was a virus, but after many tries was unable to solve the problem).
I decided to reformat the system and reinstall windows again. After doing so, from day one I started having random BSOD attacks.
The strange thing is that they are absolutely random, I could be playing a game, or watching a video, or just starting up my system (the system would hold on the main bootup screen, where the motherboard logo would show and would hang).

I had everything from A, 3B, 7E, D1, 50.

As you can see in the pictures in the following picasa album:

https://picasaweb.google.com/andreikushner/BSOD?authkey=Gv1sRgCO3-45u0x5Hdeg&feat=directlink

I ran a memory test for about 8 hours which turned out no errors.
I did a Linx test, to test the CPU and it didn't shut down during the test.
I did a GPU test with no errors either.
My temperature seems to be stable, doesn't get above 65 C for the GPU or the 50 C for CPU.

The strange thing is that one time when the PC restarted it hung on the bootup and this is what it looked like:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/r4LKz9Q0rwWeEbonb3l83cLOoFx3kf2YXneMrnQQBIo?feat=directlink

It seems like the problem might be in GPU.

Basically, I have no idea what the problem could be.

Could somebody please help me out.

Attachments

• 040911-31293-01.zip
    28.2 KB · Views: 2
@ Tmagic - I think you are correct. Even though the minidump file doesn't give a cause other than a Windows OS driver the error code is 0x3B and these are usually caused by faulty video drivers.

All but one of these pictures are "blue screen" images that really have nothing to do with bios problems other than maybe a setting. The first picture on the left is an image of a Gigabyte motherboard box. This image is distorted. You should be getting the video driver from the Nvidia driver site or lastly directly from Palit. Try setting the bios to the "failsafe" defaults

Yes, this is the image I am talking about, its right when I booted up my computer and I had all weird lines on the top of my monitor, kind of a snowflakes or something like it, constantly changing, looked like the video card was messed up.

I am currently running the latest drivers from the Palit's website, also tried to run the newest Nvidia drivers some time ago but still had the problem, so I rolled back to the latest Palit drivers for the video card.

I will try the failsafe mode as you suggested, perhaps that will help.

But how would I test if its the GPU ? I did a couple of furmark tests and it didn't seem to fail, just got really hot after only a couple of minutes, when it normally runs at about 40 C it rose up to 80 in 2 minutes.

Good day guys,

I have a follow up question to my problem, I seemed to fix it for a couple of weeks by replacing the ram sticks ( placing them in different slots ) The PC worked without restarting for about 2 or 3 weeks, and then all of a sudden started rebooting once again.

Attachments

• 050711-22448-01.zip
    38.4 KB · Views: 1
Its just so damn irritating that this problem persists and it doesn't seem to point to a video card anymore.

The problem is that it gives a different error everytime, not always a windows .sys file. So my guess is that its the ram since when I change the ram stick my PC seems to work for a day or two without BSODing, then it starts again (((

I did a malware check yesterday and it didn't find anything. (was my first thought as well)

I suspect you may have a memory resident virus. Swapping the RAM got rid of it for a while.

What Malware software did you use, malwarebytes should find a virus even if it is in your memory. No scanners are 100% so if you have not used malwarebytes give it a go.

Thank you for you reply Mark, I did the quick scan with malwarebytes, I'd need to buy the full version in order to do the memory scan right ?

No, the free version is what you need and you need to run a FULL scan. Let it update before scanning. I use it myself, the free version is only for scanning. It found a virus in my memory only a few days ago.

Back