TechSpot

Windows 8 arrives for TechNet & MSDN subscribers, 90-day trial available to all

By Jos
Aug 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The final, RTM build of Windows 8 is now officially available to download for MSDN and TechNet subscribers after being made available on torrent sites earlier this month. This is the same code that will be available to the general…

Read more

2. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Also giving away a pack off bamboo splints, hahaha *sarcasm ends*

3. mevans336

mevans336 TS Enthusiast Posts: 163   +11

The 90-day trial cannot be upgraded to a full version? Damn you, smart pirates.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,406   +1,592

Am I to understand the 90 day trial cannot be activated, by inserting an activation key at the end of the trial period?

5. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Enthusiast Posts: 208   +18

Anyone know if Win8 will run on a 2-3 year old netbook? I know Win7 works on netbooks, but Win8 at $40 is a much cheaper alternative.

6. Techpriest

Techpriest TS Rookie

Been running the Consumer Preview on an HP Mini Netbook of about that age. Runs every bit as well as 7 does. The Metro (sorry MS, the rest of us are going to keep calling it that) interface works very well with my 10 inch screen, just need to remember to stop trying to touch it. I am trying to download the trial now to load on it but the site keeps going down. Guess I am not the only one trying to get it.

7. Anybody have any idea what that means? Bamboo splints? Huh?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.