TechSpot

Windows 8 beta to full Windows 8 Pro

By kevin lee
Oct 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi new to the forum so please excuse if I have not posted this question in the correct place.

I work in the touchscreen market so have been looking forward to the release of Win 8 for some time. Currently I have a Fujitsu Life book T900 with a Wacom digitizer and pen plus dual touch touchscreen running windows 7. I set up my laptop to be a dual boot system some time ago and have been using the 2nd partition to be win 8 since it was released as a beta. I updated with the latest beta version of win 8 a few weeks ago. This was so that I could show the merits of the Baanto shadowsense touch technology at a trade show in Spain (I.e. we don’t need software or drivers so we just work).This went down very well. However, much of what I have on my laptop does not work with the latest beta version of win 8 because the drivers are not in the opp system (the dual touch screen and digitizer for one) so I don’t want to upgrade my win 7 to be win 8 untill I know all my hardware will work with the new release but I would like to use the released version of Win 8 which Wacom tell me will now have drivers that will allow the touch and digitizers to work. So my question is can I used the win 8 pro upgrade (and low price deal) to upgrade the beta version of win 8 already installed in my laptop? Or do I have to get a full new install version (and even then can I dual boot with it)? The documentation says that I can upgrade from XP, vista and win 7 but obviously does not say I can upgrade from win 8 beta but often Microsoft do have allowances for this sort of thing. Does anyone know or if have tried it can you give me some feedback.
    Thanks for the help.
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,490   +292

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.