Windows 8 black screen after logging in

Anlavabeed

Hi,

I have a serious problem with the laptop from a neighbour. He asked me to take a look at the pc because software was installed which he didn't want on his laptop (pcperformer). There were no blackscreen problems before I started to work with it.

The laptop boots fine with its own logo. After that I get the loginscreen from Windows 8 when I swipe the screen or use the mouse. His account is the same as his hotmailaccount.

That is where the problem started, I filled in the wrong password inittialy, so his account was locked. Later I received the right password and went to the windows live account on the internet and logged in succesfully with my own pc.

Now whenever I try to log in again on the laptop, it takes long to login and after that I get a black screen with a mousepointer.

I can use CTRL + ALT + DEL to get into the taskmanager. I can see eveything is working, I just can't get into windows. I tried Safe mode at startup (F8, Alt + F8) but no luck.

There is no recoveryDVD.
Specs:
Medion Akoya S6212T MD99270
Intel i3 4010U, Intel HD Graphics 4400, 4GB DDR3L, Seagate 500GB SSHD
Windows 8 or 8.1 preinstalled

Any help is appreciated because I'm quite desperate, he needs this laptop for his work!

How long did you wait? I have the issues with the black screen and pointer a lot. You just have to wait. It is loading.

Thanks for your answer. How long do I need to wait? After you mentioned the waiting time, pcperformer is the first thing that is popping up, but the background is still black.

Edit: After the pcperformerscan I have disbaled it. The screen is still black. It is now already 10 minutes later.

Edit2: I can get into safemode by pressing Shift and than clicking the powerbutton. I will try to figure out what I can do from here.

Edit3: When I load with Safemode the screen is no longer black. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Last edited:
BTW my first comment was not meant to be rude haha :D.

I have 3 possible solutions (1 being the best):
1) Boot into safe mode and then run a system restore to the last date in which the PC was functioning fine. Refer to this article if you need instruction on how to run a system restore.

2) Boot into safe mode and then uninstall pcperformer.

3) Boot into safe mode, go to the start menu, and type in "msconfig" and launch it. Once there, click "Selective Startup" on the first tab. After that, head to the "Startup tab". Unselect pcperformer from the list and you should be able to reboot safely.

BTW my first comment was not meant to be rude haha :D.

I have 3 possible solutions (1 being the best):
1) Boot into safe mode and then run a system restore to the last date in which the PC was functioning fine. Refer to this article if you need instruction on how to run a system restore.

2) Boot into safe mode and then uninstall pcperformer.

3) Boot into safe mode, go to the start menu, and type in "msconfig" and launch it. Once there, click "Selective Startup" on the first tab. After that, head to the "Startup tab". Unselect pcperformer from the list and you should be able to reboot safely.

No problem. When I use systemrestore will I loose all the data from after the last restore point? Will follow that link and try what you suggested.

Edit: Restored the system to the last time it worked, booted into windows login screen. Gave me the password is wrong message (might have not pressed the Shift button hard enough), tried the password again, it was accepted, but I still get the blackscreen issue

Cheers,

Last edited:
System restore just deletes programs and system changes that were instituted after a certain point. Personal files aren't affected.

I would take a look at this HP article on resolving the black screen issue.

System restore didn't work, it said that it might have been corrupted. Another restore point hangs also when restoring the register. Sight......more problems seem to surface.

Last edited:
Guys no need for any restore or anything. What I did to solve this problem is just Ctrl+alt+del and in taskbar I just sign-out and sign-in again. It solved. Try if anybody still suffering from this type of problem. BTW I use win 8.

Back