Windows 8 Build 7955: new features surface

By Neowin
Apr 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. After Windows 8 build 7955 was leaked yesterday, new features and details of Microsoft's next operating system continue to surface. Neowin has been covering the leaks in detail and we've compiled some highlights below:

Read the whole story
  2. SneekyGeaky

SneekyGeaky Newcomer, in training

We all know it's way too early to talk business about Windows 8 right now, but my thoughts as of now are that, if Microsoft does not introduce/implement enough new features and functionality on W8 other than mobile/web enhancements or optimizations by the time it reaches the RTM stage, then I doubt most of the W7 user base will have any reasons to upgrade, including companies too.

Therefor, most sales of W8 licenses will come from new tablets and other devices alike while desktops and servers as well will remain "7" for quite some time considering there are still more service packs to come in the future for W7.

That's just a theory I'm dealing with right now... would someone like to elaborate more on that in my behalf?
  3. considering how much of a battle it has been for MS to get people off XP, getting people off 7 will be impossible.

I don't like how they keep fking with the taskbar, can I have Vista taskbar back plz... and xp UP DIRECTORY BUTTON. that's your killer feature right there.

~haemoo
  4. avoidz

avoidz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 452   +53

+1 for the return of the Up button. How could they leave that out ffs.

Also bring back the Classic Control Panel option from Vista.
  5. Well I don't see how you've lost the up directory function when you can just click on the folders in the title bar, you even get a choice of 3 levels not just 1.

It would be nice to see MS standardise the file browsers other programs can pop up. It feels like there is 4 or 5 different kinds.
  6. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I actually do have a wish. Make a folder searchable via the right click menu. My main gripe with 7.
  7. NickV

NickV Newcomer, in training

The surface looks more like Windows 7.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.