Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

By vis12345
Sep 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. In Windows 8, whenever we copy any exe files to USB device/pen drive, there is an Interrupted Action dialog saying that "the file has properties that can't be copied to the new location". How to fix this issue?
  2. vis12345

vis12345 TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 46

I missed to say that there is an easier alternative method to copy files with properties is by creating image of the files need to be copied. For example, iso, daa , bin, etc.
    Even if we use alternate methods, we need an easy solution to fix the main issue without any tools or software.
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,287   +281

So drag-n-drop fails?

how is the USB device formatted?
    Most of them come as FAT32 and thus none of the NTFS properties ever get copied, but get automatically ignored.
  4. vis12345

vis12345 TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 46

Yes, I knew it is FAT32 issue. There is no such drag drop fails. I need to know when using the USB drives in Windows 7, this issue didn't arise. Only in Windows 8. Why? and How to fix without the NTFS formatting or any other tool?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.