Windows 8's choose operating system menu not showing

By deanlaing12
Jan 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I had installed windows 8 previously.
    Decided to play an old game that does not work on windows 8 and so I had to install windows xp.
    (Created a separate partition for windows xp ofcourse)
    When I installed windows xp, the option to choose which operating system to start first has not come up.

I run windows 8 repair and managed to get windows 8 running again. Now I can't seem to see an option to get windows xp to run?

What should have happened is that I should have installed xp first and then windows 8 on a new partition. That way it would be updated and I would get to choose an operating system with a colored background. Since I did it backwards due to nostalgia, I can't seem to see the option to choose which operating system I wish to start.

In the advanced system properties, under "Start-up and recovery" The only os I can see in the list is windows 8. (Default os list)
    The time to display os is at 30 seconds

How do I fix this in order to see the windows 8 style, os choosing screen?
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,266   +218

deanlaing12 and cliffordcooley like this.
  3. deanlaing12

deanlaing12 TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 161

Thanks a tun! And sorry for not replying, I just got carried away and forgot all about this. Thanks once more!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.