Windows Activation problem, Windows 7 suddenly not genuine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

generalelektric

I have had been windows 7 running for about 1 year now and all of the sudden Microsoft said that it was not genuine. Somebody please help me.

Well considering the retail copy only came out in Oct last year you're probably still running an RTM version (if that's even possible).

When Windows 7 gets updates there is a very small update file that gets installed. This file will check to see if you have a genuine copy or pirate copy? There is also one for MS Office 2007 does the same thing checks for genuine copy also.

I am having the same or simular situation with my install,and I pre-ordered my upgrde through Tigerdirect .com and recently Ive been getting errors saying that my produvt ID is expired,but fisrt it was saying that itwas not valid so I got support to activate it now it's saying that the Product ID is expired when I go to sign into support for windows 7 Support site.Any suggestions?

Licensed?

Is Tigerdirect licensed to sell Windows by Microsoft? If not, it is very possible you bought a pirated copy. EDIT: Just checked and TigerDirect nor Systemax is an authorized Microsoft distributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back