Windows Audio Service not starting

Hello!
I have Asus M50Sv with Realtek HD Audio and Vista 32bit SP2.

Once a day after rebooting the sound dissapeared because of Windows Audio service not started.
In events log I see Windows Audio service starting error with code 13 (OxD).
If I try to start this service manually - it also fails to stard whth error code 13.

I read all found threads about Audio service problem whth Vista and didn't found a solution.

• All services Windows Audio service depends from are running properly.
  • I have reinstalled audio device using lates version of Realtek audio drivers.
  • I have updated all other drivers and installed latest Windows updates.
  • I don't have rollback points.

Can someone give me more ideas how I could be fixed?
(reinstalling windows is not an option so far)

What it means then service fails to start with code 13?

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

I'm assuming the sound card is integrated? Try reinstalling the driver completely. Uninstall the current one and then reinstall it (or the most current one).

Win7Dev thanks for reply.

I've tryed this yet. I used drivers which was shipped with comp and also tryed last version of these drivers downloaded from Realtek site.
Also I deleted audio device from the device list, then found it and installed it again.

No result :(

Okay, well I thought you might as well try the easiest fix first. This may seem like a stupid question, but when you removed it from the device list was the driver still there? If the driver was still there it probably reinstalled the same corrupt driver when the device was discovered. Removing the device won't always get rid of the driver it will just ignore the drivers exsistance. If your copy of Vista was installed from an OEM disk there could also be a folder at the root of the drive with windows on it. I know for windows xp there is a folder called i386 when you install from a dell cd. This folder will hold all the drivers for your computer and depending on where vista looked for the drivers it could have found them there.

Back