Windows bluescreening on a month old custom PC

Anyxyl3230

Hello everyone, I'm experiencing an issue with my month old gaming desktop. Randomly, during certain games, I experience blue screens that occur at various times. Sometimes I can play a game for ten minutes, sometimes I can't even get into the main menu, sometimes I can play for hours, etc. A little about my computer, first. I'm running Windows 7 on an MSI Z77A-GD55 motherboard, with an EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 660 Ti GPU, an Intel i7-3770 CPU, 17GB of RAM, and a Rosewill XTREME Series 750W PSU, along with a Western Digital WD Black 1TB HDD and a LITE-ON Black Internal 12x Blu-Ray combo drive.

This didn't start happening until a little over a week ago. I was launching Empires: Total War when my computer unexpectedly went to the blue screen and restarted, I attempted to play again and got about twenty minutes into the game before it happened again. I then went and tried a few other games, Borderlands 2, Darksiders II, EVE Online, Torchlight II, Saints Row the Third, and so on. Each game eventually leads to a blue screen (in fact, all my games do, except for League of Legends) and I've tested my RAM with each individual stick, I've done a system restore and even wiped my hard drive to no avail. I thought then that it might be a heating issue and grabbed an extra case fan and cleared up some of the wiring inside the case for better air flow, but that doesn't seem to have helped much, if at all. Now I'm wondering if it's my video card being faulty. I hope it's as simple as that, the card is still under warranty and I can send in for a replacement if that's the case. Anything you guys have to offer will be great.

Here's the problem details that pop up after the crash:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode:f4
BCP1:0000000000000003
BCP2:FFFFFA800F622B30
BCP3:FFFFFA800F622E10
BCP4:FFFFF80002FD5460
OS Version:6_1_7601
Service Pack:1_0
Product:768_1

I know that the guidelines say to post a minidump file with this, but whenever I attempt to upload one I get an error saying "The upload file does not have an allowed extension." Any idea what I can do to get it up here?

Also, thanks in advance for any help you guys have to offer.

ETA: It also says that I need to contact the administrator and file owner to access it, even though I'm the admin of the computer and the only one who uses it.

Okay so I figured it out. I only have one minidump at the moment, I believe the rest were lost during the wipe.

Anyways, here it is.

Attachments

• 101412-24772-01.zip
    25 KB · Views: 5
Get into the bios and under M.I.T. advanced CPU core features, turn off C3/C6 State Support and CPU Thermal Monitor. See if your game play stabilizes

I can't find any of these options in the BIOS menu.

But I'll look around more when I have time, I have to leave for work soon.

Ugh. I'm sorry, I'm sure I'm making this exceedingly difficult, but I just checked the BIOS menu again and I can't find what you're telling me to look for still. Here's an image of the BIOS:
msbs0001.png

Do you know where to go from here?

Probably under over-clocking. Am I looking at the advanced settings of the mainboard settings? These settings might also be under Energy Saving

That's the main menu for the mainboard settings that leads into the advanced settings menu. I'll check out the others and if I have difficulties, you can expect more pictures.

I looked. No dice. Here's some more pictures!

The CPU Spec and Features menus are both under the Overclock Settings Menu, at the bottom of the list when you scroll down. The only item not displayed on the OC menu below, I believe, has to do with memory.

OC Menu:

ocmenu.png

CPU Spec Menu:

cpuspec.png

CPU Features Menu:

cpufeatures.png

ECO Menu:

ecomenu.png

Okay enable C1E, disable Intel C State and this should turn off the C State Limit line. Disable execute disable bit. Disable overspeed protection. What are the options under Power Technology that is now set as custom? The whole point of doing all this is to make sure that the CPU is not throttled down or limited in power or speed during game play

Okay, sorry for the delay! I did everything you said there, haven't tested if it's worked yet. To answer your question: Under Power Technology, the options are Disable, Energy Efficient and Custom, with no details on what any of those do.

Awesome, will do and thanks! I'll update again in a few days on how things are going after I've had a chance to give it a nice test.

Really appreciate the help!

Well, no dice. I just had another blue screen while playing Darksiders II. Do you think it might just be the video card itself? This is the message that pops up when Windows restarts:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode:116
BCP1:FFFFFA800CA3E4E0
BCP2:FFFFF8800FAF2630
BCP3:FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4:0000000000000004
OS Version:6_1_7601
Service Pack:1_0
Product:768_1

I mean, at this point I'm ready to just pack it up and send it in for a replacement. If that's what I need to do, I can send it out on Monday.

Back