Windows cannot find any hard drives.

By askformore
Nov 23, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all, I tried formatting my pc but run into trouble saying setup did not find any hard drives on your computer. however everything is connected and working properly, then I remember when I go to dealer to put in new parts and they teach me how to format my pc, but its been awhile and I did everyhting right I dont know why it doesnt work though. at setup I press f6 to specify additional device and chose the correct one, but after I press enter at the setup menu it still says setup did not find any hard drives on your computer. At first I don't remember how to do it, then it flash back about the f6 part I thought it should work, putting in the floppy then pick the correct one. But it still doesn't work. anyone know what I've done wrong or missing? I format it the first time, but just losing memories on the steps. Can someone help me, I need to format my pc. Thanks a bunch!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.