Windows cannot find "Idconfig"

Status
Not open for further replies.
In trying to resolve a grafics card problem, I was instructed to "Run" 'Idconfig' to eliminate the problem. When I did so the result was: "Windows cannot find 'Idconfig'.
I have seached several places to try to find out how to deal with this, but as yet I am batting "0". I could not get the Microsoft site to find anything. My OS system is XP Home.

sne

Thanks for your prompt response. I seem to be getting the same reaction from everyone. No one has heard of 'Idconfig'.

Have a good day.
sne

The IdentityConfiguration contract. This contract defines three services at the reactor:
IdentityAddition
IdentityRemoval
IdentityTimeoutQuery
http://www.j-sim.org/javadoc/drcl/inet/contract/IDConfig.html

Definition: ldconfig: Ldconfig is a basic system program which determines run-time linkbindings between ld.so and shared libraries. Ldconfig scans a running system and sets up the symbolic links that are used to load shared libraries properly. It also creates a cache (/etc/ld.so.cache) which speeds the loading of programs which use shared libraries.
http://linux.about.com/cs/linux101/g/ldconfig.htm

Sometimes you just have to look. No spelling corrections were made on quoted text.

Bobbye said:
It also creates a cache (/etc/ld.so.cache) which speeds the loading of programs which use shared libraries.

Sometimes you just have to look. No spelling corrections were made on quoted text.
These are Linux / Unix tools :)

Maybe that's why Windows can't identify it! Could be the user has a graphics program that is not based on the Windows platform.

All I did was identify what 3 people said they never heard of.

sneportugal said:
... I was instructed to "Run" 'Idconfig' to eliminate the problem. When I did so the result was: "Windows cannot find 'Idconfig'.
Instructed from where or by whom? Some 'help' feature, online chat with support,
some friend.

Is it possible that you got the info from a website but didn't notice the environment was Linux?

rerun 'ldconfig'

You are exactly right about me not noticing, or knowing the difference, that it was a Linux forum answer. I am trying to learn about these things, and it takes a little time. Thank you again for your response.

sne

You are exactly right about me not noticing, or knowing the difference, that it was a Linux forum answer.

So it would appears that identifying IDConfig was of help after all.

check and search the website of your graphics card manufacturer, or if integrated video, your motherboard manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back