Windows cannot find "Idconfig"

By sneportugal
May 19, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In trying to resolve a grafics card problem, I was instructed to "Run" 'Idconfig' to eliminate the problem. When I did so the result was: "Windows cannot find 'Idconfig'.
    I have seached several places to try to find out how to deal with this, but as yet I am batting "0". I could not get the Microsoft site to find anything. My OS system is XP Home.

sne
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Unless they meant IPCONFIG
    but this is for network analysis
  3. sneportugal

sneportugal Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks for your prompt response. I seem to be getting the same reaction from everyone. No one has heard of 'Idconfig'.

Have a good day.
    sne
  4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +35

http://www.j-sim.org/javadoc/drcl/inet/contract/IDConfig.html

http://linux.about.com/cs/linux101/g/ldconfig.htm

Sometimes you just have to look. No spelling corrections were made on quoted text.
  5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,275   +280

These are Linux / Unix tools :)
  6. Bobbye

Maybe that's why Windows can't identify it! Could be the user has a graphics program that is not based on the Windows platform.

All I did was identify what 3 people said they never heard of.
  7. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,275   +280

Instructed from where or by whom? Some 'help' feature, online chat with support,
    some friend.

Is it possible that you got the info from a website but didn't notice the environment was Linux?
  8. sneportugal

sneportugal Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

rerun 'ldconfig'

You are exactly right about me not noticing, or knowing the difference, that it was a Linux forum answer. I am trying to learn about these things, and it takes a little time. Thank you again for your response.

sne
  9. Bobbye

So it would appears that identifying IDConfig was of help after all.
  10. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,327   +49

check and search the website of your graphics card manufacturer, or if integrated video, your motherboard manufacturer
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.