Windows continues to install the same updates

lolguy04

I don't understand it. These 4 updates keep popping up as if I never installed them:

Windows XP Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417) Thursday, July 22, 2010 Automatic Updates

Windows XP Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524) Thursday, July 22, 2010 Automatic Updates

Windows XP Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982168) Thursday, July 22, 2010 Automatic Updates

Windows XP Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)

I don't know if Malware or anything of that nature would have anything to do with it but I figured I could get some help on the issue here anyways. Here are the logs requested.

One of our malware helpers has looked through the logs and doesn't see any issues. I've removed the logs and moved your post to the Windows OS forum where you're more likely to get some help.

Yes, I figured it wouldnt really be a malware issue. Jobeard sent me a PM directing me to run the disk cleaner. I couldnt reply considering I dont have enough posts to send PMs >_>
Regardless the problem still persists and I still have the same issue. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

First question: Are you running XP SP3??? I don't know it would be an SP2 issues but
> MS no longer supports SP2 and
> I think you can get free support for MS update issues (assuming you're running XP SP3)

Then you might also first browse through the MS Update Help and Support site here. Note you might also be able to get phone support from them. (And note you'll need to use Internet Explorer only on their site)

Thanks, I think I will go check that out. However I think I may have solved the problem on my own. When prompted to install the updates it asks to either express install them, or custom install. I went to custom install and then unchecked all the boxes for the updates that have already been installed. (I think they were installed) Then click close, check the box that says "Do not notify me about these updates again" and close it and the little yellow shield goes away! Now I don't know if they were installed and it just wasn't registering that they were or if they just failed to install. How would I go about finding if these specific updates are installed?

Back