Windows could not load the installer for <device>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows could not load the installer for <device>. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance. For every USB device I connect I'm met with the error in attachment nr. 1 "Device installer error".

When I boot my computer the error comes in this order: first the keyboard, then keyboard, followed by the mouse and at the end Volume. Keyboard and mouse works. So the messages are just annoying. HDD however is unable to mount even with the compmgmt.msc. Then I'm met with error message displayed in attachment nr. 2 "Logical Disk Manager".

According to other posts on the internet I have check that the following files are available in the %systemroot%\system32\ :
"sfcfiles.dll"
"sfc.dll"
"desk.cpl"

I've also ran the line "%systemroot%\system32\msiexec.exe /regserver" as well as a complete Windows Update. Still nothing is able to fix this. Seriously considering a full reinstall of windows. Thing is my CD is located a 10 hour drive from here :S....

Any ideas on how to fix this installer problem without having access to my windows CD?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional x64 Edition
Version 2003
Service Pack 2
Intel Core2 Quad CPU @ 2.40 GHz with 2 GB RAM

Attachments

• Device installer error.JPG
    Device installer error.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Logical Disk Manager.JPG
    Logical Disk Manager.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 3
You may have a virus or other type of malware infection. You will need to install XP Service Pack 3 too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back