Windows Display Driver Model?

marnieltorres

I can't open the EXE file of any of my games.
I proceed to troubleshoot the display quality and it says "Current video card driver isn't compatible with the Windows Display Driver Model".. what should I do? or where can I download WDDM? thank you.

win7 professional. Intel(R) pentium(R) D. 2GHz 512MB of RAM.

You may have to go back to XP, service pack 3. Is your computer a laptop or is it a desktop? if it is a desktop you may be able to install a Windows 7 compatible video card

it is a desktop. how would I know the compatible video card? do I have to install a new hardware?
I used to update the driver but it says it is up to date..

Most Windows 7 video cards are capable of running DX10 and 3D graphics. The problem you are having tells me that the video on your computer is not compatible with Windows 7

oh crap.. I cant afford to buy a new video card.. hahaha.. By the way thanks a lot... do I have to go back to windows xp ?

Run this advisor and tell us what it said:
Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

Most Vista computers can run Windows 7 with out any hardware upgrades. This is not true with XP. The most common problems upgrading XP to Windows 7, are dealing with video cards and sound

yeah. I actually having problem with my sounds right now. well I'll give you a feed back after I try the advisor. thanks a lot.

You might be able to stay with Windows 7 if you install a separate compatible sound card and video card. Both have to be Windows 7 ready

This is what it said "Your current graphics adapter won't support the Windows Aero user interface. If you want to experience the benefit of Windows Aero, Contact your PC manufacturer or retailer to see if an upgrade is available." and also it said that I need at least 1GB of ram. But I think that's not the problem..
sounds are also not working :(

Yes, you are probably using on-board graphics that is too weak for use with Windows 7. As I said earlier, you can add a graphics card that WILL support Windows 7 and an additional sound card that WILL support Windows 7, all for under $80

ok thanks a lot bro.
this is my problem now. haha. since you've been so nice and helping me. could I still ask?
now I've decided to go back to windows xp. there is a problem while I'm reformatting my computer. this is what is says in blue screen.

"A problem has detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer."

Back