Windows Doesn't start.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I turn on my PC, and after it gets through my computers BIOS a screen pops up with the following message....

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectantly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a privious startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was presed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start window Normally."

Under that I have the following options...

"Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last Known Good Configuration, Start Windows Normally."

When I first got this problem was from a random PC shutoff. I hadn't added or changed any files/programs before the crash, and when this screen popped up, I chose the Last Known Good Config. option. The screen then turned black and a message on my moniter pops up saying "No Signal" and then it either restarts the computer again or simply stays on a black screen.

Has anyone ever experienced this and/or found a way of fixing this problem? If so, can ya point me in the right direction for fixing this issue?

Yeap...

I've tried getting into Windows with all five of the available options to start Windows in, does the same thing every time; black screen, moniter gets no signal, system restart/dead. One of the reasons it's got me stumped so bad.

Try loading to your XP disc, and enter the recovery console. Once you reach the command prompt, type CHKDSK to run check disk. Reboot and see if that works.

Anything in particular I need to do in order to accomplish this? Even if my Windows XP Home disk is in the computer it still takes me straight to that same screen with the five options. I can't get this thing TO the command prompt, much less run Check Disk.

Somehow my computer found it's way to the 'Boot Menu' Screen. The screen reads...

==Select a Boot First Device==
>Removable
-Floppy Disks
>Hard Disk
-Ch4 M. :WDC WD3200JK-22KLB0
-Bootable Add-in Cards
>CDROM
-Ch0 M. :pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D
>Network
-Lagacy LAN Cards
Nvidia Boot Age

Nothing about my BIOS, just the 'Boot Menu' Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back