Windows encryption problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have managed to get myself into quit the situation.

A few days ago I had some problems with windows. The windows installation was ruined and I tried so many different ways to repair it. Well nothing worked and I couldnt just clean format and start over because there is important stuff stil on that drive.

So i went and bought a new drive, Installed it as the master and my old drive as the slave. I left the damages windows on there along with all the info I needed to copy over to the new drive. I installed a copy of windows XP on the new drive.

This is where the problem lies. On my old windows installation the administrator (me) had password protected the account. Not only that but had chosen the option to "make folders private" when creating the password. Now. the My documents folder is the only one that seemed to get encrypted, but that is where the bulk of my stuff is.

Is there any way to get in there and get those files, thats what I need to know. Please help me , im realy stuck this time.

password protecting account can be bypassed,but
as far as I know no the other system needs a special id file that was generated at time of making the private file
you need those sets of keys to unlock files
just like secure website there are 2 or 3 keys generated
one for user, sometimes one common ,one for machine ID
thats my take on it as I had same problem with transfer from W2K to XP forgot about how I encrypted files and lost 10gb of customer data,good thing they where only backup files.
if you can you must try to fix the other OS long enough to transfer these files

well I found a tool that works called getdataback but I dont have a licence key so it wont let me actually move the files it recovered to my new hd. I can see all my stuff but cant copy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back