Windows Explorer and IE stopped working after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
They work in Safe mode but not in normal mode. All I did was have a bit of free up when I was deleting extra files off my Desktop so I rebooted. Usually I put my laptop in sleep. Here is the Hijackthis txt log from in safe mode

Welcome to TS. Your description suggests that malware has not infected your computer. HJT has 1 item, and that is considered to be residue from a prior cleaning (labeled an orphan).
Code:
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
With this assessment, other volunteers may offer more specific sugestions than what follows.

Please consider some investigative steps. If the events logs do not report ‘Start of Events manager’, then another method is needed.

< borrowed from bobbye; I was unable to preserve formatting>
There are three types of Events in the System and Apps logs:
1. Information (white circle w/blue i): this is just basic documentation of the normal working of the System or Apps.
2. Warnings (yellow triangle w/black exclamation mark) noting some problem at that moment. Warnings usually resolve on their own. If they do not, they become>>>
3. Errors (red circle w/white X- they document something that didn't work or isn't happening as it should. Each Errors has three parts: an ID#, a Source and a Description. By doing a right click> Properties, the Error will open to a screen that can be copied. These three parts taken together can usually lead to cause and resolution.
Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)

You can ignore the Categories 1 and 2. If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed. You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
Please do not copy the entire Event log.

Vista path can be followed here:
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...ows-Vista.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back