TechSpot

"Windows Explorer has stopped working" nonstop...

By velodabig
Jan 12, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I have this problem with my new Asus laptop that i bought 2 weeks ago, that is whenever I open a Folder, i get the message "Windows Explorer has stopped working" followd by "Windows Explorer is restarting", hence closing the folder window and going back to the Desktop. I reinstalled the system, installed the G Data internet security software that I havent done before, again the same problem after installing a few programs like vlc, divx web player and adobe flash player, that I know do not have any virus with them because I installe dthem on my other Pc.
    I searched for some solutions, no chance! Here are my Pc details:
    CPU: Intel inside core i5
    RAM: 8 gb
    Graphic card: intel hd graphics family / Nvidia geforce gt 540m
    Sound: Realtek high definition audio / intel display audio
    internet version: 9.0.8112.16421

Thank you!
  2. superty12

superty12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 432

What did you do before this started happening?
  3. velodabig

velodabig TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well nothing, and now that i ve reinstalled windows i dont have this problem anymore as I havent installed the programs that seemed to lead to this problem...
    Do you know how I can delete my other Windows, I have two now? I tried to delete the WIndows folder by giving the COntrol COntrol to my user, but then when I try deleting it it says: Need permission from User. How do i give the permission then?
  4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,408   +314

get to the Event Viewer
    (control panel->admin tools->event viewer)

we need to see the ERROR events that are occuring and you can copy/paste the
    details in your follow-up.

Start in the Applications and from the top down, find the ERROR even nearest the top
    open it and click the copy/past icon under the down arrow;
    past it into a Notepad document for now

copy/paste it the next two error events also

Now switch to the System events
    and repeat the above; copy/past the last three error events.

come back here and past the contents of your Notepad information
  5. david jones

david jones TS Rookie

I just read thread,I had same problem tried several things finaly I uninstalled asus web storage and so far laptop has been ok

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.