TechSpot

Windows Explorer Registry Problem? Un-closeable Windows Explorer

By drinkinbat
Nov 11, 2005
  1. Hello again.

Apparently I’m an ***** and ran Fix-It Utilities 4.0 and did something terribly wrong. After the program ran I think I may have had another application running and it caused a weird problem. Now the desktop background has turned to a big empty Windows Explorer window(?). I can’t for the life of me figure out a way to turn it off, it is “on top” of my normal background. When I unhide my icons most of the background comes back but the Windows Explorer “Bar” is still on the left hand side. I assume it is some kind of registry problem with Explorer but I can’t find it and I have tried a couple registry apps.. If someone knows how to fix this, I would truly appreciate some pointers. Thanks for any and all help, Scott

P.S. I can send pictures if it would be of any help to diagnose the problem.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.