Windows Fails to Boot After Swapping HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

orondf

Hi,

I have transfered my HDD from a ASUS P4B533 based PC to a ASUS P4P800-VM based PC, each with a different VGA card.
Now, when I try to boot Windows XP, it fails to boot, and restarts itself. There are no Minidump files in C:/WINDOWS/Minidump. If I boot in the "Safe Mode With Command Prompt" mode, it crashes when loading the "agp440.sys" driver.

Any suggestions of how to resolve this without reinstalling Windows?(The "Repair" option dosen't appear in the Windows XP installation disc)

(BTW: How do you overclock the ASUS P4P800-VM? I cannot find the settings for the FSB, only for the RAM, which is now set to 400, the highest option. Do I need to update the BIOS? It is Rev 1004, and the latest is 1018.)

You are not going to be able to swap hard drives with Windows already installed from different computers. Format the hard drive and install Windows fresh

I will most likely do that, but a hard drive with windows installed has handled a transtion from ASRock P4i45GV/Intel 845 Graphics to ASUS P4B533/GeForce MX440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back