Windows Firewall error

netcvb

I noticed about a while ago all of a sudden my programs except Internet Explorer stopped being allowed access to the internet. For a while we weren't able to find the problem so we left it the way it was. Recently I found out that when I would go to change any firewall settings at all I would get the error "Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code 0x80070424".

If anyone could I need a fix for this ASAP. I haven't been able to update anything on my computer from security updates to updating things like Java and Flash and it's pretty much destorying my computer.

Have you tried what Jobard Posted? Under (another) in Jobards post run Methods 2,3 & 6. see if this helps. Plus run a virus scan, You also might want to run a good spyware program. Post back and let us know if this has helped you.

I ran the methods and number 6 seemed to kinda work it let the regular non x86 version of ie to run but the programs like skype that need to connect to the internet still won't run and I'm getting a new error code "0x8007042c".

Have you tried a windows repair? Sorry for so many Questions, But this is so I know what you have not done.:)

Windows repair is a program that runs and repairs the system files and registry.

You will need to make a win 7 repair disk. This can be done buy going to your start menu.
Then click on all programs. When the menu opens . Scroll down to maintance, Then click on it. Once it opens, Click on Create a System Repair dics. A window will pop up then. Put a blank Cd or DVD in your disk drive. Then in the window click on create disk. Once this is done . You will need to shutdown the computer. Then restart it. It should boot the cd and start a repair, If it dose not boot you will need to go into your Bios and change the boot sequence to boot your cd first. Then try again.

Oh I remember my mom saying that, but she said that she didn't want me doing that at all. Is this the only way to fix the problem or is there any other way becuase my mom doesn't want me messing with those types of things.

Kinda out of suggestion. You may have to wait and see if someone else comes up with a few. Or have your Mother take it to a repair shop.

Ok I guess when I'm able to go to a repair shop I'll point him towards this thread with your guy's suggestions to show them what I've tried. Thanks for the help cobalt you made it where it was I guess half way fixed (atleast I get a different error code now).

Thanks for any that have posted on this thread it's really helped, if anyone have suggestions that doesn't involve messing with eternal files (except registries, I could maybe bribe my mom into messing with those) please post them.

If you could get your mother to run a windows repair. It will not harm the computer. It will just fix any corrupt files you may have. If you are worried about the personal files. It dose not remove them. They will still be there. It may just solve your problems.

Back