TechSpot

windows firewall

By chris barber
Apr 24, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a computer that ics will not start up.

can u help

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The Windows firewall is prone to being attacked and disabled by malware. It`s quite possible for your system to be infected with something nasty. Please go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of chris barber only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

The Firewall (ICS) involves many services. You can go to Administrative Tools in the Control Panel, then click on Services. Here, you will see Internet Connection Sharing - Internet Connection Firewall in the list - double-click on this, then go to the dependencies tab. You should expect to see four services which you must enable Firewall ICS services to run. Determine if any of the dependent services are disabled. Set any that are disabled to "manual."

4. chris barber

chris barber TS Rookie Topic Starter

i tried to start the services and it gave me -5 access is denied

any help?

5. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

Follow the instructions that Howard gave you and post a HijackThis log. It's possible that malware has disabled your access.

Regards :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.