Windows Freezes at boot, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm not very experienced with computers(so that's why I'm here) but I'll try and describe whats wrong, to the best of my ability

Quite recently, my computer began freezing with no apparent warning, and the only way I could get anything to work, was force shutdown and restart...
However, now whenever I attempt to start up my computer, it will do one of 3 things.

1)Nothing... - Nothing appears on the screen, computer appears to be unresponsive although it sounds like its working...

2) It will say something along the lines of "We apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start properly..." (and then prompts me to select from several options, none of which work)

3) It will get to the Windows XP loading screen, and then freeze immediately.

I also recieved a suggestion to repair XP using the CD, however after all the drivers load, and it says "Windows is starting up", it freezes indefinately (Or al least longer than 2 hours).

I also tried to reset everything in the BIOS options, but that didn't work either, because now I can't even access bios..
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou for you time ^^.

*Edit* The motherboard (reading off the box) is a "P4S800-MX-UAY6X ASUS Motherboard"

It also says Socket 478, SiS 661FX, FSB800, 2*DDRAM, AGP 8X. VGA integrated, software audio, ATA133, SiS 963L+VIA PHY LAN, Crashfree BIOS (Lies). EZ Flash, 6 USB2.0 ports, INTEL H.T Technology.

Some other info that might be relevant - 1024MB RAM, 1x Seagate Barracuda 700G Harddisk, 1x Western Digital 80GB Hard-drive (WD800), Microsoft PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse, Netgear WG311v3 Wireless Adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back