TechSpot

Windows goes blank after startup

By hramos86
Mar 15, 2008
  1. Windows goes blank after Startup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As said in the title, my windows goes blank, black screen that is, after the windows logo startup. I dont know wtf happen but this sh*$ is aggravating me. Last known activities were:
    >Defragging
    >Removing b.s programs
    >and Moving media files (i.e audio and video)
    I did all these activities in "SAFE MODE". After I "START WINDOWS NORMALLY" it appear to remain on "SAFE MODE". I repeated this a number of times, and the same thing happened. My contingency was to start on "LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION". After i selected this option, windows loaded normally, up untill after the windows logo, after which the screen became blank (Black). Although screen is blank, i could still navigate "blind".
    Starting windows and shutting it down are about the only things i can do blindfolded. I dont have a windows xp cd, my computer was bought in 04'. I need some hardcore help.

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,074   +84 Staff Member

You're probably best off running a repair installation of Windows. Get a buddy to lend you their XP CD if possible.

3. hramos86

hramos86 TS Rookie Topic Starter

appreciate that

thanks friend, but i wish there were a more "do it now solution" rather than aquiring a cd

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,074   +84 Staff Member

Okay, good luck :(. Maybe someone else will have a suggestion...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.