Windows Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

harken

Whenever I switch to another user account on my computer, windows installer keeps trying to install an application (Vongo). I get a message that states that “the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable”. It then prompts me enter a path where it can find the Vongo.msi file. The program has been uninstalled. It doesn’t show up in services under admin tools. This doesn't happen on the primary account, but it does occur for all other user accounts. I have tried to reinstall vongo and then uninstalling again, but same thing happens after the uninstall. I have also removed everything relating to Vongo that that wasn’t removed from the registry during the uninstall. I am running XP Pro. Any suggestions?

Have you recently installed any new software? If so then try reinstalling it.
Have you recently installed any new hardware? If so then check the drivers.
Always take these steps first for problems like this.

Hope this helps!

In the same boat.

I am in exactly the same boat as "harken". Primary account is fine. All the alternate accounts keep trying to re-install Vongo which is no longer present since it was uninstalled and the files deleted. I even tried deleting one of the alternate accounts and creating a new one which still experienced the same problem. The registry repair suggestion did not help either.

Make sure "all" accounts have "administrator" level permissions. I just went through this 12-04. Under run do a "regedit" and search for vongo.After you delete the first thing continue do a search again, then delete this (I must have found 25 things to delete under each account.

PHarris has a great suggestion. To locate all those files and their paths, try Agent Ransack. It will list all files that contain the word 'Vongo" or any other that you deem necessary. It has helped me locate stray files that a registry program may miss (those that are not in the registry). Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back