Windows key question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadbluescreener

Hi i've reinstalled vista home premium twice now on my MSI GX630. The last time I had mistakenly used my friend's Sager OEM Vista install CD and I had used the vista key that came with my laptop (from the bottom of the laptop) with my friend's Sager vista and had activated it. Upon realising my mistake i reinstalled vista home premium yesterday but now when i try to use the same key (from the bottom of the laptop again) it tells me that it is invalid. is that normal? :S

will i have to get a new windows keys? =[

You will have to ring Microsoft (Validate by phone) and explain the situation...They'll suss another code to use...

I've tried activation by phone (I'm in Jamaica) but when I enter the digits on my phone I get an error and I'm forwarded to a Customer Rep. That hasn't helped me at all because the call is always disconnected as I'm explaining my problem to them. =\

Wow thanks for those links. Tho I am a bit hesitant to use that method at all, I don't want to do anything that cause any problems for me with Windows. But if push comes to shove I may just have to.

They are quite legal legitimate links, and without Vista presently being activated cannot hurt your system
I don't post anything else but legitimate links in my position ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back