Windows Live Messenger Error 81000306. Help?

By stephers8194
Mar 9, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been trying for a few hours to sign into my Windows Live Account. It keeps trying to sign in for like 2 minutes straight and then says Error 81000306. I have tried everything the help website told me to. It still doesn't work. But what is weird is I tried my friends account, and it worked. If anyone at all knows how I can fix this problem, please let me know. I'm on WLM all the time. It's killing me not being able to chat with friends!!
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +34

3. stephers8194

stephers8194 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I tried everything on that page. It still doesn't work. :(
  4. Bobbye

5. stephers8194

Oh my goodness! I am really getting fed up with Windows Live Messenger. I use Vista, and that last tip was a bit confusing. But I tried everything else in that thread. It still doesn't work! Should I just try contacting MSN to see if they can figure out why my account isnt working? My friend's still does, and I made a new one for the time being, and that one works. I am not exactly the best technical person. I have no idea what it could be. It is driving me CRAZY. :(
  6. Bobbye

I don't use this program, but wondered since you did this:
    fs deleting or removing the other account an option?
  7. stephers8194

My account works again, I dont know what was wrong with it. Thank you everyone for the help!
  8. Bobbye

Call it a glitch in cyberspace! Thanks for the update and glad it's working again.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.