Windows Live Messenger Not Working Error: 81000306

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I log into my account on WLM it keeps coming up with:

"We were unable to sign you in to Windows Live Messenger, possibly because of a problem with the service or with your Internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the Internet.

To let us try and troubleshoot the problem, click the Troubleshoot button.

Error code: 81000306"

I then proceed to press troubleshoot and it passes all tests up to Key Ports... and comes up with:

"Failed to connect to the service. This could be due to improper proxy and firewall settings. Please review your proxy and firewall setting. Proxy settings can be accessed through Windows Live Messenger Options. For Firewall settings, please see the retailer's instructions."

I have a Gateway Laptop Model: MT6839b with Windows Vista Home Premium on a wireless connection from a NETGEAR DG834PN router, and I have been using the service for a year and about 5 months on this Laptop with no problems.

Along with messenger not working any webpage to do with msn does not load and this problem has also spread to the home desktop that is on the same router.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling about 5 times and this hasn't worked.

If I could get some help ASAP I would be thankful.

P.S. I'm not that technical so answers as simple as possible please :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back